Ipswich Borough Record Extracts relating to Lindfields or connected families including other snippets of interest. Part VI: The records, 1669-1684, by Ian Anderson
Peeps into the Past …
Latest News …
John Linfield (1655-1729) Quaker Blacksmith of Ifield, by Malcolm Linfield
Some Reflections from 70 Years Ago, by Malcolm Linfield
The Misadventures (and Descendants) of Elizabeth Linfield and John Whittaker (Part 1), by Dolores Christophel D’Errico
Front cover: the Quaker Meeting House at Ifield, West Sussex. Built in 1676 from stone reputedly brought from Slaugham Place, it was attached to an old dwelling house of 1475. John Linfield, tenant of the Meeting, lived in the old cottage where he also ran his business as a blacksmith. See article ‘John Linfield (1655-1729) Quaker Blacksmith of Ifield’ pp. 11.